Continental Europe is the great treasure on our doorstep but it is caught in something of a musical time warp.
Walking the Camino I stopped off at a wayside inn where they were tapping their feet to the Falco (who?) song Rock Me Amadeus.
Which is my circuitous way of flagging up the building of river cruise ship Amadeus Cara for next year.
The new cruise ship boasts 73 spacious luxury cabins (17.5m²) and 12 AMADEUS suites (26.4m²).
Yes, you’ll be rolling down the river but you’ll also have plenty to do including:
– Modern fitness area
– Hair and massage salon
– Panorama Restaurant
– The Panorama Bar which offers space for events and talks and where the AMADEUS musicians perform every evening
– Lift between decks
The maiden voyage of AMADEUS Cara will be the 8-day Danube Rhapsody cruise from/to Passau at the end of April 2021.
For the remaining season, the cruise ship will be travelling on the Danube to the Black Sea, as well as between Amsterdam and Basel on the Rhine.
And you all know what I think of Amsterdam… Pictures of Amsterdam.
Prices start from £499.00 per person, cruise-only on a three-night ‘Interlude on the Danube’ itinerary, based on 16 August 2021 sailing.
This round-trip from Passau is the perfect taster for anyone new to river cruising.
Prices start from £1,699.00 per person on a Three Rivers Cruise, based on 2 September 2021 sailing.
Travel along the Rhine, Main and Danube on a sailing that includes a transit of the Rhine-Main-Danube Canal and the chance to visit the fairytale streets of Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
Princess Cruises is increasing by six months the Australia and New Zealand season of the 2,670-guest Sapphire Princess.
The ship will now arrive in Australia on May 1 and sail Down Under for 12 months.
This adds a total of 47 new cruises from five major Australian cities to the season.
The ship was previously scheduled to sail in Asia from May-October.
Sapphire Princess will arrive into Perth (Fremantle) following a multi-million dollar refurbishment. The full season comprises 171 port calls including:
· A 10-night Coral Coast voyage sailing from Perth (Fremantle), visiting West Australia’s coastal destinations such as Broome, Geraldton and Exmouth. Departing May 4, 2020.
· A 17-night Northern Explorer between Sydney and Perth (Fremantle) visiting destinations such as Geraldton and Cairns. Departing Perth (Fremantle) on June 8, 2020
· Roundtrip voyages to Fiji from Brisbane and Sydney including a 12-night Fiji cruise sailing from Sydney visiting Dravuni Island and Lautoka. Departing June 25, 2020
· Australia Circumnavigation voyages from Sydney, Adelaide and Perth (Fremantle) including an inaugural 28-night Round Australia cruise out of Adelaide.
Visiting Port Lincoln, Kangaroo Island, Port Arthur, Hobart, Sydney, Brisbane, Yorkeys Knob, Alotau, Darwin, Kimberley Coast (Scenic Cruising), Broome, Geraldton, Perth (Fremantle), Margaret River (Busselton) and Adelaide.
Departing from Perth (Fremantle) 10 August, 2020
The new cruises are on sale from Thursday, February 27.
Sapphire Princess will receive MedallionNet WiFi from June 4, offering guests the fastest Wi-Fi at sea.
And I love my little Princess. Cruiseday Extra – Loyal to my Princess.